Finding the right balance between getting rid of the smell and not hurting your cat is the key to finding the best air purifier for cat litter.
It can be hard to find an air purifier that works well with your cat litter. Some air purifiers will get rid of the smell but hurt the lungs of your cats.
This blog will talk about some air purifiers and how they can help get rid of the smell of cat litter.
What Is The Best Air Purifier For Cat Litter?
Let’s look at them in reverse order.
5. LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Allergies Pets Hair in Bedroom, H13 True HEPA Filter
With five smart functions, the LEVOIT H13 True HEPA Air Purifier enhances the quality of the air in your home: Core 300, QuietKEAP, Nighttime Sleep Mode, H13 True HEPA Filter, and Pet & Allergy Mode.
This air purifier can accept air from all directions, and its strong VortexAir Technology begins working immediately.
In just 30 minutes, this HEPA filter can capture 99.97 percent of 0.3-micron airborne particles such as dust, smoke, pollen, and other allergens. This is ideal for persons who suffer from allergies, asthma, or sinusitis.
The clean, white appearance compliments any type of house design. The LEVOIT air purifier is very simple to operate.
To activate the timer and select the fan speed, press the Auto Mode button (Low for light sleepers, Medium for regular users, or High for loud snorers).
You can also use Sleep Mode to configure night and day settings with a visible countdown that alerts you when it’s time to clean your purifier’s filter.
The LEVOIT H13 True HEPA Air Purifier is ideal for small to medium-sized rooms and features an attractive display that indicates how pure the air is.
- It features a modern design that complements the decor of your space.
- It features an automatic shut-off timer.
- There are three unique fan speeds.
- It has a sleep mode and a low light display to help you sleep better.
- It operates silently.
- It has a Hepa filter that has been validated.
- It doesn’t have replacement filters.
4. Coway Airmega AP-1512HH(W) True HEPA Purifier
The Coway Airmega (AP-1512HH) is a new type of purification system that cleans and provides peace of mind.
The Airmega’s design, HEPA filter, and innovative technology can remove up to 99.97 percent of allergens like dust, pet dander, and mould spores.
The device also purifies the air by removing volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and odours that are typical in houses.
A washable pre-filter, a washable True HEPA filter, an activated carbon filter, and nanoelectronic technology are all part of Airmega’s 4-stage filtration system.
The Coway Airmega AP-1512HH is designed for rooms up to 361 square feet in size. Every hour, the sensor reports the quality of the air in real-time.
The timer feature switches off the machine after 1/4/8 hours, and the filter life indicator monitors the pre-filter and HEPA filter to notify users when they need to be washed or replaced.
This item would look great in a house, workplace, or college dorm room. It’s ideal for allergy sufferers or dogs who spend a lot of time indoors.
- It is an all-purpose purifier that removes the majority of contaminants from the air.
- It is equipped with a four-stage filtering system.
- It has a 361 square foot covering.
- It has a sensor that detects air quality.
- It features an automatic shut-off timer.
- It also contains an indication that indicates when it is time to wash or change the filters.
- It is a delicate product; the internal components break easily.
3. Budget-friendly: KOIOS H13 HEPA Air Purifier
KOIOS Air Purifiers employ advanced air purification technology to remove dust, pollen, pet dander, mould, germs, and other airborne contaminants.
The KOIOS H13 HEPA Air Purifier’s 3-Stage Filtration System filters out 0.3-micron particles, making the air healthier and better for your health.
To remove pollutants and make your house smell beautiful, KOIOS employs a high-efficiency TRUE HEPA filter, as well as an Activated Carbon filter and an Odour Filter.
The KOIOS H13 HEPA Air Purifier is ideal for anybody who wishes to enhance the air quality in their house, whether they have pets or not.
Because it is attractive, simple to use, and effective, the KOIOS Air Purifier looks great everywhere. With only one button, you can switch between three settings and built-in night light.
The KOIOS Air Purifier is excellent for small spaces. The air purifier can clean up to 55 cubic metres of air every hour in regular mode while utilising only 0.002 watts of electricity.
The KOIOS Air Purifier comes with a 12-month warranty from the manufacturer as well as a lifetime guarantee.
- It offers incredible features for the price.
- To purify the air, it employs a three-stage filtration process.
- It is an excellent cleanser for everybody.
- It features a built-in night mode that can be accessed by pressing a button.
- It is simple to use and looks fantastic.
- In its regular configuration, it covers 55 cubic metres.
- The customer service is poor.
2. Best Value For Money: GermGuardian AC4825 22” 3-in-1 True HEPA Filter Air Purifier
The GermGuardian AC4825 22″ Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter is well regarded as a reliable air purifier.
It collects airborne particles such as dust, pet hair, smoke, and mould. It can also trap 3/4-inch particles like spores, germs, and even H1N1 viruses.
HEPA filtration captures and retains 99.97 percent of all particles as tiny as 0.3 microns.
The UV-C light in the three-stage filter purifies the air by destroying bacteria and viruses such as cold and flu viruses, Rhinovirus, Flu, Staphylococcus aureus, influenza, and H1N1.
True HEPA filtration reduces asthma triggers and makes allergies simpler to manage. The washable pre-filter captures large particles such as dust, pet hair, mould spores, and household dust.
This air purifier operates at a variety of airflow rates ranging from 150 to 350 cubic feet per minute, allowing it to clean the air in both big and small spaces. It also includes three settings, a sleep mode, and a turbo mode with a 4-hour timer for odour management and air freshening.
It includes a built-in handle for portability, and both the low and high settings are quite quiet.
- There are three fan speeds.
- Its tall, slender profile makes it suitable for any setting.
- Pollutants and big particles are removed by its three-stage filter and Uv-c light.
- Its airflow coverage is appropriate for medium to big spaces.
- It also has a 4-hour timer.
- It includes a built-in handle that makes it easy to transport.
- In both low and high settings, it runs quietly.
- The Filters are a bit expensive to replace.
1. The Overall Best: Pure Enrichment PureZone Medium-Large Room Air Purifier
PureEnrichment’s PureZone Medium-Large Room Air Purifier is the most sophisticated air purifier on the market right now.
This air purifier kills up to 99.97 percent of dust, smoke, pet hair, mould spores, pollen, and other airborne pollutants.
It filters in three stages: a pre-filter, an activated carbon filter, and a real HEPA filter. The pre-filter removes larger particles, and the activated carbon filter removes even more pollutants and odours.
A true HEPA filter can thus capture particles as fine as 0.3 microns. This air purifier also has a UV-C light, which kills up to 99.9% of germs and viruses.
This air purifier is simple to operate and will activate when it detects microorganisms in the air.
The touch-button control panel allows you to adjust the fan speed, set a timer for how long the purifier will operate, and have it switch on automatically based on how unclean the air in the room is.
The PureZone Medium-Big Room Air Purifier is an excellent way to clean the air in medium to large rooms. It’s simple to use and portable from room to room.
Protect your family from allergies and pollutants that can harm them.
- It is a sophisticated purifier.
- It uses a three-stage filtering system.
- It also features an ultraviolet (UV) light that destroys germs and viruses.
- It is simple to operate and may be used in any room.
- It’s ideal for medium to big spaces.
- The colour is cheap.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Does My House Smell Like Cat Litter?
This is a sign from your cats that you are not meeting their needs. If you don’t clean your cat’s litter box often enough, your cat will try to tell you that you need to clean it more.
There are a few things that can cause a litter box to smell like cat urine:
- The cat won’t use the litter box if it hasn’t been cleaned for too long. It’s a normal thing to do. Because of how they were born, they can’t use a dirty litter box.
- If the litter box isn’t cleaned often enough, the cat might choose to go to the bathroom somewhere else.
- The cat might be sick or hurting. If the cat is sick, it might think that going to the litter box is painful.
Does An Air Purifier Help With Cats?
If you adore cats and live in a polluted city, you may be wondering if an air purifier might help.
Yes, it is quite beneficial! Cat dander can aggravate allergy symptoms, but an air purifier can help. It is dependent on how effectively the air cleaners perform.
But what about cats? Do they require clean air to breathe as well?
If your cat suffers from allergies or asthma, an air purifier might be beneficial. They can also be used to treat pet dander, dust mites, and pollen allergies.
Can An Air Purifier Get Rid Of Cat Smell?
Yes, air purifiers can get rid of cat smell, but they don’t always work.
How strong the cat smell is in the air purifier is a factor. If the smell is very bad, the air cleaner might not be able to get rid of it.
But if the smell of a cat is not so strong. The air cleaner might be able to get rid of the smell. You should give it a try.
Do Air Purifiers Help With Cat Litter Dust?
It certainly does. If you have asthma or other lung difficulties, breathing in cat litter dust might be disastrous. Air purifiers can help you breathe comfortably in your house.
Your cat’s paws kick up fine sand and other particles as it digs in the litter box. This produces kitty litter dust.
The dust produced floats in the air, falls on objects and enters your lungs. Filters must be changed at least every three months if they are to function properly.
How To Clean Cat Litter Dust From Walls
Cleaning cat litter dust from the walls is a dirty process that is best left to the professionals.
Many items promise to remove cat litter dust, but the best option is to use a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter or a damp cloth with water.
First, you must remove all of the cat litter from the room. Then, clean the area with soap and water.
The next step is to use a moist cloth to wipe down the walls and remove as much dust as possible. After that, use a vacuum to remove any remaining dust or debris from the floor or walls.
To get rid of any remaining odours, you could also use an air purifier.
Are Air Purifiers A Waste Of Money?
If you want to enhance the quality of air in your house, air purifiers are a terrific investment.
People use air purifiers primarily to alleviate allergy and asthma problems. This is because they filter out contaminants such as pet dander, smoke, and dust.
An air purifier, however, does not eliminate all toxins. If you reside in a polluted city, an air purifier will not be of much use to you.
Final Note On The Best Air Purifier For Cat Litter
The best air purifier for cats is the one that meets your needs.
If your cat’s litter box is big, you may want to use a bigger purifier that covers a large area.
You can buy a smaller air purifier if you want to use it in a smaller space.
You can buy an air purifier with a timer if you don’t want to leave it on all day.
There are many different air purifiers for cat litter that you can buy. Make sure you get the purifier that will make you feel most comfortable with your litter box.