There is no doubt about the dangers of air pollution. So you’re wondering if an air purifier removes odours and any hazardous particles.
Yes! In addition to removing smells, an air purifier also eliminates microscopic particles. This is the most effective and efficient method of cleaning the air in your house.
We’ll have a look at some of the best odor-removing air purifiers on the market and see how they function. Frequently asked concerns about odor-removing air purifiers will also be addressed.
What Are The Best Air Purifiers For Removing Odor?
1. LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Allergies and Pets Hair Smokers in Bedroom H13 True HEPA Filter, 24db Filtration System Cleaner Odor Eliminator
The LEVOIT Core 300 Air Purifier is great for eliminating allergens, pet odours, smoke, cooking odours, and other impurities from mattresses, sofas, and other furniture.
The LEVOIT Core 300 Air Purifier cleans up to 547 square feet in 30 minutes and accepts air from all directions.
The Levoit H13 HEPA filter eliminates 99.99 percent of allergens, including dust, smoke, pollen, and pet dander, from the air.
The LEVOIT Core 300, with its UV-light germicidal lamp, may aid in the removal of viruses, bacteria, germs, and moulds from your home’s air. It would look excellent in any space, whether it be a living room, hallway, kitchen, or bedroom.
The nighttime sleep mode disables your air purifier, and the QuietKEAP technology reduces noise to a near-silent 24dB level, allowing you to sleep soundly every night
With the stroke of a button, you can set the timer for 2, 4, 6, or 8 hours and check how long the filter has remaining to guarantee the air quality meets your high standards.
- It cleans a 547 square foot area in all directions.
- This device features a UV-c light that destroys germs and viruses.
- It features a night sleep function that turns off the cleaner while not in use.
- Its technology allows it to operate at 24dB.
- It includes a timer.
2. MILIN Air Purifier for Home with UV Light & True H13 HEPA Filter, 825 Sq Ft Coverage Odour Eliminator
Say goodbye to allergies and dust in your house!
The H13 true HEPA filter, fine preparatory filter, and activated carbon filter of the MILIN air purifier capture 99.97 percent of airborne particles as small as 0.1 microns and PM2.5 pollutants such as dust, odour, pet hair, smoking, pollen, mould, and formaldehyde.
The MILIN air purifier has a flexible design that helps you sleep better in the bedroom thanks to its three fan settings that can be altered in speed with a single touch. The UV light in this HEPA air purifier kills bacteria and pathogens.
The all-around filtration of MILIN enhances air quality. The night light and sleep indicator are dimmed when in sleep mode.
The 22dB noise level will not disturb your sleep, and the timer has four settings (1/2/4/8H).
This H13 HEPA air purifier filters 206 square feet in 15 minutes, 412 square feet in 30 minutes, and 825 square feet in 60 minutes.
Seven ambient lights may be adjusted to suit the mood or situation. The kid lock prevents babies from being damaged or from inadvertently altering the settings.
The smart air purifier can help you live a better and happier life by reducing toxins in the air.
- Its HEPA filter removes the majority of contaminants from the air.
- With three fan speeds, it’s a great choice for a variety of applications.
- It has a UV light, which destroys more bacteria and viruses.
- It operates softly at 22dB.
- It is 825 square feet in size.
- It is equipped with a kid lock.
3. YUBODA Portable H13 True HEPA Filter Air Cleaner Removes 99.97% Smoke, Dust, Pet Hair, Odor
This compact, portable YUBODA air purifier collects 99.97 percent of dust, smoke, pet dander, hair, and other airborne pollutants as small as 0.3 microns, including viruses, germs, and the majority of asthma allergens.
The H13 air purifier includes sophisticated 360° air intake technology, making it simple to clean and maintain. Every 8 minutes, it sucks in dirty air from all directions, cleans it, and expels clean air.
The air purifier is suitable for rooms of 161 to 215 square feet. It has three fan speeds (Low, Medium, and High) as well as three timer options (2H, 4H, and 8H).
The sleep option is one of three timer settings that allow it to run for 2, 4, or 8 hours. The filter reminder notifies you when it’s time to replace it.
Ozone is not used in the YUBODA air purifier, which is a CARB-compliant device. You, your family, and your pets can all breathe easy because of it.
It removes odors, hair and dander, smoking, dust, pollen, pet odors, and other contaminants from the air.
- It is easy to maintain and cleans the air in all directions.
- It has a total size of 215 square feet.
- It has three fan speeds and three timing settings.
- It is CARB certified and does not emit ozone.
- It doesn’t come with a power cord. It’s bought separately.
4. BLUEAIR Blue 211+ HEPASilent Air Purifier for Large Rooms up to 2,592 sq ft, Wildfire, Removes 99.97% of Smoke Allergens Dust Pet Odor
In a clean atmosphere, people are more content and productive. Right?
The BLUEAIR Blue 211+ air purifier takes a step further to make a bad environment better for your health and quality of life. You may control the fan’s speed by pressing a button to maintain the same level of noise.
This purifier can clean 540 square feet in 12.5 minutes on high or 2592 square feet in 60 minutes on low, which is almost half the size of a 1,500 square foot house, office, or hotel room.
The HEPASilent dual filtering mechanism of this purifier captures 99.97 percent of airborne pollutants such as cigarette smoke, pet dander, and dust mites by using both a pre-filter and a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter.
The carbon filter eliminates odours in the home. The purifier is also ENERGY STAR certified and, when set on low, is 31 decibels quieter than a whisper.
It also looks fantastic in any space. It features a sleek, minimalist appearance that would complement any type of design.
It is the ideal present for someone who has lost their house in a disaster since it works well with smoke and wildfire smoke.
It is also included in Good Housekeeping’s list of the 10 Best Air Purifiers of 2021 and the Best Smoke & Smog Air Purifiers of 2021.
- The noise level stays constant regardless of fan speed.
- It has a total size of 2,592 square feet.
- The HEPA filter technology removes contaminants and purifies the air.
- It has an energy star rating and operates softly at 31dB.
- It features a modern style and would make an excellent present for anyone.
- The purifier gives off a Bad odor due to its filters.
5. GermGuardian AC4825 22” 3-in-1 True HEPA Filter Air Purifier for Home, Full Room, UV-C Light Kills Germs, Filters Allergies, Smoke, Dust, Pet Dander, Odors
The GermGuardian AC4825 Air Purifier is a 3-in-1 home air purifier with a True HEPA filter that eliminates hazardous germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mould spores, and other allergens as small as.3 microns from the air.
Because the pre-filter captures dust, pet hair, and other big particles, the HEPA filter lasts longer.
Activated charcoal filters help reduce unpleasant odors such as those caused by dogs, smoking, cooking, and other factors.
The lowest level may be utilised as soothing white noise during the night to help you sleep quietly and sweetly.
The GermGuardian AC4825 air purifier successfully eliminates smoke, pet dander, and other irritants with the aid of the UV-C light, which kills airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, and rhinovirus, and it works with Titanium Dioxide to minimise volatile organic compounds.
- It contains a three-in-one filter that removes contaminants.
- It operates silently at the lowest setting, emitting white noise.
- It includes a UV-C lamp.
- Previous customers complain of bad circuitry and a burning smell after prolonged use.
Can Air Purifiers Remove Musty Smells?
Yes, air purifiers can assist in the removal of musty odours. A HEPA air cleaner is the finest type of air cleaner for removing musty odours.
HEPA air purifiers may accomplish this because they catch and remove the small particles that produce odours. These small particle materials may bind to odours and absorb them.
It is important to remember, however, that the HEPA air purifier can also be a source of such odours, thus the filters must be cleaned or updated.
What Filter Type Is Best For Removing Odours From Air?
To remove odours, carbon air filters are the best option. Carbon filters are the only permanent odour-removal filters, lasting the life of your HVAC system.
For optimum performance, we recommend replacing the filter once a year. The filter has a lifetime of around two years.
Final Note On Does Air Purifier Remove Odors
We know for a fact that the air we breathe indoors can be up to five times more polluted than the air we breathe outside for a variety of reasons.
It’s usually due to our regular routines. Cleaning, cooking, smoking, and even remaining stationary for a long time can all contribute to an increase in the number of smells in the air.
Is there anything that can be done? Simply said, get an air purifier.
Many air purifiers now feature an activated carbon filter to assist remove odours and other airborne contaminants. These filters work by attracting and trapping gaseous and particle contaminants.