Roomba 770 review is a comprehensive article detailing the features, capabilities, and overall performance of the model.
This model – Roomba 770 is a professional home cleaner with cool features every homeowner would love. It is among the few iRobot Roomba vacuums equipped with advanced cleaning technologies.
Roomba 770 overview
Here comes the Roomba 770 robotic vacuum – a professional home cleaner from iRobot. It flaunts the traditional oval-shaped design packed by all Roomba vacuums. The Roomba 770 launches a deep concentrated clean at the push of a button (the “Clean” button).
Instead of wrapping pet hairs and debris around the robot cleaning brushes, Roomba 770 packs them inside its dedicated dustbin. So, you can easily get rid of the dirt and hairs once after a successful cleaning by the robot.
Also, Roomba 770 can work tirelessly up to 7 times weekly to ensure your whole home is always clean even when you are not around. It is self-dependent and the battery life is enough to power the robot vacuum for a long period of time.
Furthermore, this model is packed with iAdapt navigation system, virtual wall barriers, and a spinning side-brush for effective cleaning of your wall edges. This model vacuums very well; the dirt concentration feature initiates deeper cleaning on dirtier surfaces.
- Easy to control
- Self-charging support means the robot will automatically return to the dock station and recharge itself once the battery is low.
- Full in indicator
- Does more cleaning than manual or traditional vacuum cleaners
- Effective wall edge cleaning support
- Comes with Dual HEA filters
- It is packed with a long-lasting battery
- It can be scheduled to work up to 7x a week
- It is slightly noisy
- Sometimes it does not navigate properly.
- It sometimes forgets the dock station location due to poor sensors.
- Small dustbin size
- The robot does not resume cleaning after self-charge
Roomba 770 Review – Specifications of the robot
|Entire Level Cleaning||–|
|Recharge & Resume||No|
|Scheduling||Yes – 7 times per week|
|Tangle-Free Debris Extractors||No|
|3-Stage Cleaning System||Supported|
|AeroVac 3-Stage Cleaning System||Yes|
|Dimensions||13.9 x 3.4 x 13.9 inches|
|Dustbin size||0.17 liters|
Why choose Roomba 770 over other Roomba vacuums?
You may wish to ask “what makes Roomba 770 special”. Well, this model is very cheap and it does almost all the functions done by the newer Roomba model. Its limitations are not much; the most considered one is the smart connectivity feature, whereby the owner could control the robot via a smartphone.
Also, Roomba 770 is good in picking up pet hairs and cleaning the wall edges, what more do you expect from your robotic vacuum cleaner.
Roomba 770 review – the features explained
Design and body build
IRobot maintained the usual oval-shaped designed it uses in structuring the body of their robotic vacuums. The Roomba 770 looks classy in its design with well-arranged buttons for comfortable control.
With its slender body and low profile design, Roomba 770 easily navigates under the couches, beds, stools, and other furniture in the house. The all black body finish applied to this robot vacuum makes it look beautiful and interesting.
Navigation and included technologies
Roomba 770 navigates quite well through the house. It is packed with the iAdapt navigation system which helps it to map out the most suitable cleaning path for each task. This model also includes AeroVac 3-stage cleaning technology for more effective results; it will never leave your floor with any kind of dirt.
Counter-rotating bushes are also included in this model, so the robot can sweep your floors and suction every dirt, pollen, and debris at the same time. The HEPA filters ensure that even the thinnest hair particle and dirt on your floors do not escape this robot’s suction. It packs all these stuff and houses them inside the dustbin can for the owner to dispose of them easily.
Scheduling and ease of control
Roomba 770 supports scheduled cleaning tasks; it can be scheduled to clean up to 7 times in a week. But unfortunately, it is not compatible with the latest robotic vacuum smart connectivity support found in recent Roomba models.
To schedule this Roomba model, you have to use the respective button on the body and set your schedules. The robot will automatically trigger itself to work once the scheduled time approaches.
Battery Life and Self-Charge function
A robotic vacuum without a strong battery and does not last long is not considered a good choice at any circumstance. Roomba 770 comes with a strong battery capacity and lasts up to 60 minutes after a full charge.
When the battery of this robot runs low, it automatically returns to the dock station and recharges itself getting ready for another task.
Versatility is one of the basic requirements to check out for when shopping for a robotic vacuum. This model from iRobot sweeps, vacuum, and suction any kind of dirt including pet hairs and allergens. It works on different floors and concentrates more on dirtier areas.
Roomba 770 will hardly hit or collide with any furniture in the house; it is smart enough to detect and divert from them.
A cliff detector sensor is included in this robotic vacuum model. This prevents it from falling off the stairs or other high profile floors in the house to avoid damage to any part of the robot system.
Virtual Wall Barriers
You can restrict the movements of this robot with an environment using the provided virtual wall barriers. This technology prevents the robot from penetrating into certain areas of a room while cleaning its surrounding environments.
Roomba 770 respects this technology and does not go beyond the marks created by these virtual walls.
Wall-edge cleaning brush
Yes, the Roomba comes with a spinning wall edge cleaning brush which it utilizes to clean up the dirt on your wall edges. The bot also gets closer to tight corners in a room to clean up the floors and wall edges effectively.
Roomba 770 Review
This Roomba robotic vacuum model will save some money and still offer a great value for the amount you spent. It cleans up the house very well and offers a great range of versatility.
Roomba 770 pet hair removal function is applauding and the spinning side-brush does a very good and neat job on wall edges. Also, the self-charging feature reduces the frequency of carrying the robot round about the house.
The dustbin (though not so big) stores a considerable size of dirt and can be easily emptied once after a complete cleaning task by the robot. There is a full bin indicator that alerts the owner once the bin is full amidst a cleaning task by this robot.
Is Roomba 770 Better Than Roomba 980 Model?
The Roomba 980 was developed as far back as 2015 with a lot of users excited for its remote control features and easy Wi-Fi connectivity.
Moreover, a Roomba could be controlled using a Smartphone and with additional features that would allow users to do more than mere automatic vacuuming.
However, the new Roomba’s price tag discouraged many from getting one. This was what majorly prompted the manufacturing of an alternative Roomba known as the Roomba 770. The Roomba 770 offers the best set of features and a reasonable price tag.
The Roomba 770 is relatively the best-value Roomba, which offers you important features at a budget-friendly price tag. The Roomba 770 also offers some of the features contained in the 800 series.
At inception, the Roomba 770 is very much capable of getting your cleanings done the same way as other Roombas, with a simple touch of a button. It works on all types of floors and carpets notwithstanding. It produces thorough, clean, and deep vacuuming.
This particular model operates with the use of a 3-stage effective cleaning system that cleans linoleum, carpets, tiles, hardwood, and floors. It also contains a side-brush to ensure it cleaned around the edges of your walls. It also has a counter-rotating brush placed to sweep and pick up dirt simultaneously.
Its vacuuming bin is also active in pulling off hairs of the brush to prevent it from wrapping around the brushes and saving you the trouble of having to remove the hairs yourself. The Roomba 770 can also be preset for cleaning while you’re out of the house.
The Roomba 770 allows you to choose from different cleaning modes including spot, clean, and schedule cleaning mode. Moreover, it comes with a collection of sensors created to allow a more comprehensive, effective, and thoroughly clean.
The Roomba 770 also works with a dual HEPA filters to capture dirt, dander, and dust while stopping them from escaping and recirculating around the areas of your room.
It comes with a one-year warranty including a 30-day money-back guarantee- this permits you to get a full refund even if you aren’t satisfied with the function of the Roomba 770.
Additionally, controlling the Roomba 770 is quite an easy task. You can use its control pad that provides easy and intuitive use. After commanding your Roomba 770, it’ll do its job and return to its charging station once it finishes. So you n the Roomba 770 to clean your home while you focus on other important duties.
However, the Roomba 980 can as well pretty much perform some of the tasks the Roomba 770 does. Launched in 2002, Roomba has provided several models and changes in technology to work better and efficiently.
So whether you choose any model, they all have their different distinctive but effective features. Choosing the right model to fit your needs is what is important!
How to Set Up Your Wi-Fi Connection on Roomba 770
- To get started, you need to download the iRobot HOME App (for iOS or Android). If you’re using the app for the first time, you’ll need to choose your country and language and also accept Terms for usage.
- The next thing to do is to create or log into your Roomba account. Tap “log in” if you have an existing account, otherwise tap “create account” and fill in the account creation details before moving to the next step.
- On the next screen, select the type of device you have (Roomba 770). However, if it is any model of a vacuum cleaner, select Roomba. Then, select a New Roomba.
- At this stage, the iRobot app will work you through a few basic setup procedures on using the app in your home. First, get the docking station attached to your Roomba and plug it into the wall socket. You should place the station flush against a wall socket in a place where your Roomba can easily access it without hindrance.
- Next up, place your Roomba on the docking station to fully charge. It will need a few hours of charge before its first operation. While your Roomba is charging, continue the setup process.
- Back on your mobile phone, the app will automatically connect your Roomba to the Wi-Fi network your phone is connected to at that moment. Note, if your phone isn’t connected to your home Wi-Fi network, you’ll need to switch it before continuing the setup.
- Select continue and, on the next screen, enter your Wi-Fi network password and select continue.
- On the Roomba, press and hold the buttons containing the target icon and the home icon until it makes a tone. Your Roomba will take a few seconds to connect to your Wi-Fi network. Once it is done, it’ll display a screen like the one on the right side.
- A short video will play introducing you to the Roomba, after which you’ll be directed into the main screen of the app. You can now press the big circular “Clean” button to start a cleaning job(you should allow and wait for your Roomba to charge completely) or press the middle button close to the screen to schedule up to daily cleaning.
Your Roomba can operate mostly unattended, but don’t forget that you still have to remove stuff up yourself and keep your floors mostly clear and free from hindrance if you want an effective cleaning operation. While your Roomba is charging, it is advisable to clean up and clear the areas that the bot will be vacuuming.
How do I Reset my Roomba 770?
For some issues, you may need to reset or reboot your Roomba 770 robot of force close the iRobot Home Application. You can follow the following procedures to achieve this:
Upon reset, the Roomba will play a brief tune. Scroll down for Roomba 700, 800, and 900 series.
Press and hold the clean button on the robot for about 20 seconds.
Upon releasing the button, a light ring close to the bin lid will swirl clockwise in white. In this situation, your Roomba may take up to a minute or two to turn on. The rebooting process will be completed when the light shuts off.
Roomba 770 robotic vacuum is a good pick for every homeowner in 2018. Considering it works on various floor types and the features are very much okay, it is the best you can get at this moment. Click here to view on amazon